In honor of National Berry Month happening this July, Driscoll’s Berries has been sending me some awesome organic berry recipes to share with green and health minded readers. Their newest treat is a cool dinner option, a healthy and beautiful Organic Caribbean Summer Raspberry Avocado Salad. This is easy and fast to make, looks nice enough for a dressy dinner, but is also fine for casual dining, and the fresh raspberries brighten this salad with tropical flavors and color. The raspberry dressing alone is versatile enough for fish, chicken or mixed greens. Drscoll’s Berries offers organic berries via loads of stores, so this is also pesticide free dinner.
NOTE: This recipe includes shrimp. To learn about how to buy sustainable seafood read – How to choose eco-friendly seafood.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 1 package (6 ounces) Driscoll’s Organic Raspberries
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons organic honey
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup mild organic olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound cooked whole shrimp, 41-50 count size, about 24 total shrimp
- 1/4 cup diced organic mango
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced organic celery
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced organic red onion
- 4 cups mixed organic baby lettuce or spring mix
- 2 ripe organic avocados, halved, pitted, sliced
- Blend 1/3 cup of the raspberries, vinegar, honey and Dijon mustard in a blender or food processor until smooth. Drizzle in the oil while blending. Add 1 or 2 tablespoons water to thin slightly, if needed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine shrimp, mango, celery, and onion in a medium bowl. Gently stir in remaining raspberries.
- Divide lettuce onto four plates and arrange avocado slices on top of lettuce.
- Top with shrimp raspberry mixture and drizzle the dressing on top. Serve with any remaining dressing on the side.
Nutrition Per Serving: 389 calories, 29.39g total fat, 4.20g saturated fat, 15.22g protein, 19.84g carbohydrate, 110.56mg cholesterol, 10.51g fiber, 188mg sodium
If this sounds good, you might also be interested in two of the other organic berry dishes from National Berry Month…
- Homemade Organic Blackberry Chocolate Frozen Yogurt
- Elegant Organic Berries and Zabaglione for Dessert
Thanks to Driscoll’s Berries for the recipe and delicious images.
Post from: Blisstree